08 July 2006

Summer Plans


I had plans for this summer. They changed a bit in the two weeks leading up to my return to the States. I originally had planned to spend the two months I had free raising support and visiting my friends, the McKinneys, out in Utah for a little R and R. After quite a few long-distance conversations (by the way, Yahoo has a really great internet phone system that lets you call from your computer to any phone in the U.S or Mexico-U.S. for a penny a minute--not too shabby) with Julie, who had broken up with me just before leaving to return to Mississippi a month and a half ago, we decided that my plans should change. We had thought that the two months apart would be good for us, particularly so I could try to work out some personal issues and then maybe see if we could work out dating again some day. Well, God clearly had other plans for us. Before long, we both felt that God was calling us to marriage and that we should try to make it happen sooner, rather than later. We discussed waiting until next summer, but after a great deal of praying and asking for advice, we decided that we should go for it this summer. So I changed my plans and made my first visit to Mississippi where I asked her father's permission (granted) and then asked Julie's permission to marry her (also granted--whoo hoo!). That happened this past Monday. So we are officially engaged now and are scheduled to marry 12 August in Hattiesburg, MS. Yes, this August! We know that this is a very short time, but we both strongly feel that this is what God wants for us, and we want to be right in the center of His will, even if it means changing plans drastically. Please be praying for us as we are frantically trying to make plans to pull this thing together. There is still an awful lot to do, but we know that He is faithful to meet our needs and satisfy us deeply. I also need to try to raise as much support as possible during the few weeks that I have here. Again, I know that He is faithful. Thanks for your prayers as Julie and I join together on this great adventure of missionary life in Mexico. May God be greatly honored by your prayers.

The picture is of us at Peter Carroll's rehearsal dinner back in March.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Sim, senhor Robertos!
Parabens brother! God bless,
Where's the honeymoon?

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Noah D. said...

Gracias, Jamie. Vamos a Mexico para la luna de miel. Hay lugares muy bonitos en la riviera maya que no cuestan mucho. Despues vamos a Merida por autobus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home