23 February 2007

Rejoice and Leap for Joy

I have just started reading What Jesus Demands From the World by John Piper. I have been greatly encouraged and supremely convicted by this book. Those two feelings are so often joined together when reading the Bible or really great books about the Bible and its Author. The book is divided into 50 short chapters, each corresponding with a demand, and you are encouraged to read the chapters as you like. I have just finished demand #10: “Rejoice and Leap for Joy”. I am so convicted that my life lacks the serious pursuit of my joy in God and that I try so hard to find it in other things. I am so tempted to constantly fill my mind with things and activities that I don’t take time to pursue true happiness in God. But at the same time, I am so thankful that there is so much Godly joy awaiting me. My prayer is that I will become a much Godlier, joy-pursuing person so that I will be a more loving husband and missionary. I need to be filled with so much joy in God that I no longer need to worry about meeting my emotional needs in earthly things and I can turn in love to meeting the needs of others. That is my call as a husband and missionary. Please pray with me and Julie that we both learn to rejoice and leap for joy as Jesus demands from us. Don’t we have a wonderful Lord whose demands of us are to be happy in Him?

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Dane Ortlund said...

Noah I say old bean do you think it might be time for a post after 11 months of inactivity? Hope you are well my friend. Here's a memory: you walking around the seventh floor of Traber dorm at Wheaton College...I'll let you remember the rest.

I enjoyed reading your posts. Press on my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home